Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Do you hear the people sing...?

I swear that our life moves in themes. I don't understand it but I have been learning to embrace it. Either way, this past week has been a musical theme and it has been smashing.
So we got back from our California escapade and the very next day we went off to Cedar City to go see Les Miserables. The Utah Shakespeare Festival is actually a great program! They have beautiful facilities and the performances are awesome! This was our first show there and we will definitely be returning.
So Les Miserables is our favorite play in the Coles house. We both saw it (not together) for the first time in London when we were younger and it has stayed with us both through the years.
Though nothing can beat that performance at the Queen's Theater in London long ago, I have to say that the show in Cedar City is right up there. I liked this performance better than other plays I have seen in Salt Lake.
Well anyway, we headed down to the theater and found that they have a replica of the Globe Theater! It is awesome! Such a cool outdoor theater! We were inside a different theater for Les Mis. Titus was being performed outside. The vocals were fabulous and I of course cried my way through many parts. But the end always gets me. So powerful and we just loved it! We cannot wait for the new movie to come out this Christmas!
Well next in our week of musical noteworthiness, it was time for Journey! We <3 Journey in the Coles House. And when I saw that they were coming to Utah, I could not miss that. Journey, Loverboy and Pat Benetar are a great combination. The concert was at USANA Amphitheater and it was a beautiful night for a concert. So, we had an AMAZING time at this concert. We loved all the music and Pat Benetar killed it. Ryan and I both decided that having Pat Benetar and her husband in the family is always a plus. They were so cute together onstage and they have been married 34 years. It's nice to see some relationships in the music industry that last longer than a few months. Also we ran into some friends who were in Ryan's ward in California but have since moved to Utah. So it was great to see them and it was a really fun evening. Great concert.
Journey
The cell phones at night
AWFUL haricut that was in our view the whole time.... I felt so bad for this 17 year old girl... 
Pat Benetar. She is quite awesome.
Sorry this picture decided to only focus somewhat on our legs... But you can at least see the cool theater they have built there!

No comments:

Post a Comment