Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Recently in the Coles Household

Well I can say that the past couple of days have been emotional and have made me think about life and family and the world.
1. The Boston Marathon
      Words can't really describe the sadness that comes with a tragedy like this. Horrifically confusing and its terrible to see such wanton destruction. There is great sadness that can be found here. However, there is also  light that can and should be found in these times as well. Namely, the miracle of those who are so willing and quick to help those in need. There are always amazing stories from the victims and the rescue workers of little miracles of love and life saving.
        It is interesting to see also that yesterday was also a terrible day in Iraq. There were 20 bombings throughout the country there and 30-40 deaths. It is a nightmare to think about living in conditions like that. But there are people who do. And we need to be reticent of the fact that with Christlike love, we can make things right and change the world.

2. Um have I mentioned that my brilliant husband is going to be presenting his first paper this summer at an international conference??? Yes, that's right. He is going to be presenting his paper, The Doctrine of Sunnah and the Spirit of Capitalism: An alternative model to Weber's theory on the origins of modern capitalism, at the ESA Conference in Turin, Italy this August! We are so insanely excited and I couldn't be more proud of my husband. He works so hard and it is paying off! Cannot wait to be there with him and our baby boy! 

3.  We are officially under 100 days until Baby Tucker arrives! This is the last week of my second trimester and I am so excited I could explode. And that's not just from Tucker being 15 inches long and 2 whole pounds :) There is nothing I love more than cuddling up next to Ryan and watching a superhero cartoon and having Tucker kick and move during the show. He is definitely his father's son and that is the best thing I could have ever asked for. I have never felt more stretched before in my life! I feel so full of baby right now that the thought of him gaining 5 more pounds and growing 8 more inches just is insane. But my goodness, I will never feel full after Thanksgiving dinner again. 

4. I am officially quite anemic. But thankfully I don't have gestational diabetes. I just get to overdose on iron for a while. But I am hopefully going to get that taken care of and under control before my next appointment. 

5. I just have to say again I am dying for July to be here. I am loving my baby boy so much. I just cannot wait to hold him and love on him. I get so weepy and stupid when I think of it. It's slightly pathetic. But oh well. 

So yes, life is just dandy for us. Ryan leaves in a couple weeks for the Middle East. He is insanely busy with school and finishing up classes and finals. But he is definitely up to the task. I am going to miss him like CRAZY while he is gone. But I am coming up with plans to keep myself busy while he is gone. I have baby showers every Saturday, crafts to do for Tucker's room and lots of temple work to complete! So hopefully with all that and some baby shopping interspersed throughout those few weeks, it will go by quickly and I will be able to get a lot done so that when Ryan gets back we can just party and have fun for the last couple months before we are official parents! 

We are off to our Bon Jovi concert tonight in Salt Lake City. So I will definitely post some pictures and videos from this awesome concert! Cannot wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment