Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The House of the Lord

Since I posted on our trip to California, I have been feeling strongly about the temple. This edifice of the Lord is one that can bring peace to anyone in the world. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we, if we prepare correctly, can enter into these holy buildings and perform in the saving ordinances of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to live in a time with the priesthood on the Earth. What a beautiful life we are able to partake of. Let us all show our gratitude to the Lord for this wonderful mercy that He extends to us by performing work in the temples. Let us take advantage of this opportunity and extend our love, service and time to those who have gone before us.
For those of you who read this blog and are not familiar with LDS temples, here is a brief message from our Church about why we build temples and why they are important to us.

For those of you who are members of the Church or familiar with temples, here is a message that all need to be reminded of sometimes about the blessings of the temples. As a child from a convert family, I am so grateful for the temple and for the blessings that can be found therein. Family history is my favorite hobby. I love pouring over my generations and seeing how they are all going to be tied together. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to enter into the House of the Lord and vicariously perform saving ordinances for my family members. I am grateful for the blessing of receiving these ordinances for myself and for our future children.

No comments:

Post a Comment