Wednesday, September 28, 2011

General Conference!

Conference is one of my favorite times of the year and, thankfully, it happens twice a year! I love the opportunity that we have to listen to a prophet of the Lord guide and direct the Church.
I am always happy to hear what temples are being announce around the world. When new temples are announced I am always so happy for the Saints in those areas. They will soon be able to attend the temple for themselves or for their ancestors.
Conference is also a time for revelation and reflection. Church leaders give talks that inspire, uplift and guide the Church and its members in the direction that it needs to go.
I always gain a greater testimony of the Restoration of the Priesthood and of modern-day prophets and apostles. I know that they directly communicate with the Lord and are instructed on how to perfect the Saints and bring them to Christ. I know that this is the true church and I am so blessed to be a member.
Conference is also a wonderful time to be with friends and family and to enjoy the wonderful traditions of scones, cinnamon rolls and girls night out during priesthood session.
I love Conference! :) I hope you all will too!

http://lds.org/church/events/all-members-invited-to-participate-in-october-general-conference?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment